Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Crazy & Sexy

It's been a crazy sexy ride, but I'm loving it.  Here's the latest update:

I tried one of the pre-packaged salads from HEB.  It came with lettuce, grilled chicken, pita crackers for a little crunch and a little bit of cheese and all organic.  There was dressing of course, but I just used light olive oil.  It was the best take-home salad I've tried.  However, there's nothing like & as fresh as a restaurant salad.
That's why I enjoy ordering salads at work now.  Before, I used to have the mindset that I was a bunny eating grass (salad).  Now, I think of how it's nourishing my body and fueling my soul.  I'm at the stage where I order a chicken caesar salad, but with chicken tenders.  Eventually I'll get to the point of grilled chicken and more veggies, but until then it's better than a PBJ.

The fun part now is that I'm starting to somewhat learn how to cook is dressing it up!  I like adding a dab of whipped cream to a smoothie or dessert and some fresh strawberries.  It always makes things look more tasty and enjoyable.


Not everything in this kitchen is hunky-dory.  We've failed several times, but that's how you learn.  We
tried Spaghetti Squash on Monday and we didn't finish it.  We cooked the whole spaghetti squash in the oven for about 1 hour, then scrapped out the seeds and pulled the spaghetti looking squash strings out.  We mixed those in with butter, parsley, salt, garlic and butter.  It smelled divine and looked delicious.  However, that was not the case.  It was more crunchy and not tender like regular spaghetti noodles that we know and love.

There's a new book that I read in 1 week time.  And I DO NOT like reading!  It was amazing and I've learned so much.  It's called "Crazy Sexy Diet" by Kris Carr.  She is an inspiration, a warrior leader and a nutritional goddess.  She has such character that shines through the pages in her book.  I highly suggest it.

In the picture is a juice and we tried something new at my mother-in-law's.  We juiced:
  • 1.5 lemon
  • 1 large celery stalk
  • 1 large carrot
  • Spinach
  • Cranberries
  • Apples
  • 1 orange

I just got her newest book "Crazy Sexy Kitchen" with some recipes to try. I'll post on pinterest when I try them; including the juicing recipes.

Now for some fun stuff...

At work we had a baby alligator of an event and I got to hold it.  Check out the pics.....

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment