Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 2 - The Daniel Fast

Today I encountered my first "battle" if you will.  I had a full day of work (9 hours).  To give a delicious backgound, I work at Mel's Lone Star Lanes in Georgetown, TX as the events & marketing director.  There, we have CJ's sports bar & grill which serves up amazing pizza, french fries, mozzarella sticks, funnel cake, and more!  Needless to say, I'm in a sea of temptation daily, especially when fasting.  The smell of popcorn and freshly baked cookies always goes from the kitchen through the cracks of my office door.  How does it know to do that?

(Air high five!)  I survived!  With lots of prayer and a straight focus I give all the glory to God.  It would be super easy to give in, to have a little taste, but food does not own me. 

In general when eating well, planning is key.  I've always said that.  Now with this week of fasting, it's come down to intense planning.  I took my juicer to work.  It was my only solution to survive without starving and being grumpy about it (and that's not good for anyone involved).

For lunch at work I enjoyed the "Daneen Juice" which is Spinach, 2-3 Apples, 1-2 Celery, & 1 Lemon.  My co-workers were impressed and learned a lot about juicing during that lunch break.  I left it at work to juice again tomorrow.  Click here to view a quick 15 second video on this juice.

For breakfast I made a smoothie with my vitamix that includes:  1/2 c. water, 1 c. ice, 1 c. grapes, 1
pear, 1 banana and 1 c. kale.  With a vitamix they say to blend for 60 seconds on high.  They're serious! Make sure you do it!  This allows all the particles to break down so you don't have floating vegetables pieces. 

Here's what I've learned spiritually today...

You really can do all things through Christ who gives you strength.  He is your biggest cheerleader.  Your biggest rock.  Your best motivator.  Your greatest story.  Your best gift.  Your everything.

From an athletic background I've always been told "mind over matter".  This is true and your brain can do incredible things.  Put your mind in the right place and have God as your backbone and you're unstoppable.


No comments:

Post a Comment