Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Philippians 4:7

It's always and fun experience when I eat lunch with my co-worker LaRonda Murphy.

Today I was expressing this weird mentality I've been having at work in 2014, which has been different from years past.  I explained to her how it's been different and she said, "it sounds like a peace has come over you."  She nailed it on the head.

I believe, after my fast and growing closer to God, I've also received this great gift of peace.  It's a peace that takes away most my fears and anxieties I normally have at work (because I'm a control freak.)  But now, it's more of the mentality that God is in control and I can only do my best every day.  It's a great place to be.  I also know it'll take work to continue to grow that relationship with God.  Here's the scripture LaRonda referenced:

"Don't worry about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  - Phil 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment