Sunday, November 17, 2013

Vitamix.

So.... I got a VitaMix blender.  They run at about $400 and up, but they are top of the line blenders.  As Kris Carr would said, "they can blend a boot."

We used a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond and walked out of there at $320 after tax.  Now, this was an early birthday present from my husband.  My "big" gift to be specific.  So we brought it home and tested it out.

For the first 2 weeks or so you'll have the smell of the motor, but it's just breaking itself in.  It's an extremely powerful motor.  We've already used it for a fruit smoothie, vegetable smoothie & pancake mix.  This thing is incredible.  It can make soups and ice cream.  I'll be exploring (and blogging) about it more over the coming months.

Tonight, my friend Luci came over and we tried out a new recipe.  One we made up on the fly.  It had the following:
  • 1 Cup Water
  • Kale
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Banana
  • Frozen mixed berries
  • Ice
It was actually pretty good.  You couldn't taste the kale, mostly the banana.  However, it did turn a horrible green/brown color.  You can check out all my smoothie recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment