Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I ate my vegetables!

I ate my vegetables!  Today I had this healthy and awesome packed lunch.  I had oven roasted
Turkey, Peaches, Snap Pea, Yogurt Pretzels.
turkey (thinly sliced by my boy John at HEB in Round Rock), peaches, yogurt pretzels for dessert and sugar snap peas.

This was my first time trying snap peas.  They're good for you so I gave it a whirl.  Not bad, but it got difficult.  It's nice and crisp like celery.  Then you have the texture of the beans inside plus the tart taste of all the juices.  It was an experience.  They were raw and plain, but tomorrow we're trying them in the oven with Parmesan cheese.  I was eating lunch with my co-worker, LaRonda.  I took 3 french fries off her plate and promised myself that if I ate the last 3 snap peas, then I would get to eat the 3 french fries.  I WON!  Mission accomplished.

After, I tried some yogurt with granola by Muller.  I purchased this at HEB because I want to try to start liking Greek yogurt.  (Healthier for you ... more protein ... yadda  yadda yadda.)  So I try this and I actually like it.  Not bad.  I finish the whole thing and start reading the label again.  It's NOT Greek yogurt, just plain vanilla.  Aw man!  Just when I thought I had converted.  I guess I must of made a mix up at the grocery store.  Maybe next time.  But I'm going to stay on cloud 9 because I ate my vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment