Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Daniel Fast

I'm encountering a new adventure in my life.  I will be doing the Daniel Fast for 1 week starting tomorrow.  Our church (Celebration) is doing a week of Prayer & Fast.

PRAYER:  To connect with God.
FAST:  To disconnect with the world.

I chose the Daniel Fast which will includes all vegetables, all fruits, all whole grains, nuts & seeds, legumes, quality oils and of course lots and lots of water.

Weekly Meal List.
PERSONAL GOALS:
  • #1 to grow closer to God during this week through prayer.
  • Experiment and try new things (juices and smoothies).
  • Blog daily to track my process and stir up a conversation about it.
Today was prep day.  We heard the message from Pastor Joe this morning, I hand wrote out my list on what my meals would be for the week and then I carefully constructed our grocery list.  We purchased most of the bulk stuff at Costco, and the rest at HEB.  Here is our entire grocery list:
  • Frozen Strawberries
  • 34 Apples
  • Frozen mixed berries
  • 1 zucchini
  • Almonds
  • 1 Cucumber
  • Kale
  • Blueberries
  • 2 Green Apples
    Fridge full of fruits & veggies.
  • 1 Avocado
  • 1 Lime
  • Whole Wheat Tortillas
  • 7 Pear
  • Strawberries
  • 6 Organes
  • Granola
  • 9+ Bananas
  • 15 cups Spinach
  • Green Grapes
  • 10 Celery
  • 5 Lemon
  • 4 Carrots
  • Popcorn (all natural, no added sugars or ingredients)
  • All natural peanut butter
I am all stocked up and ready to go for the week!  It's great to see our fridge totally stuffed with fruits and vegetables.  I also set up a nice "snack station" with fruit that doesn't need to be refrigerated, popcorn and nuts readily available.  This way I don't even need to open our pantry for anything.  I'll be blogging daily, stay tuned...
Snack station with nuts, popcorn and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment