Sunday, September 29, 2013

Glory to God.

This has been an incredible journey so far.  I've been having these breakthrough moments.  It has been a culmination of things from having my gallbladder removed, doing the bible study of "One in a Million" at church, praying hard and watching the movie "Hungry for Change".  However...

The ONLY reason for the kick start to my success has been God.  He has been the only one powerful enough to change my way of thinking when it comes to food.  It has been oh so powerful and wonderful to experience.

Yesterday our family went out to Saltgrass Steakhouse.  A typical meal for me would be grilled chicken or chicken tenders with french fries.  On this particular night my mother-in-law, Robin, an I split a combo meal.  On my plate I had 2 pieces of shrimp, 1 piece of grilled chicken and french fries.    I ate both pieces of shrimp, most of my chicken, and we split a salad to start and I finished that whole thing too!  I also tried one piece of a baby back rib and ate it to the bone.  I never do that!

Ate my first full Salad at BJ's.
I couldn't believe what I had accomplished that night at dinner.  I was on cloud 9.  I felt like I could run through a wall and I was on fire!  It was an incredible feeling.  The most important part was the support I had from my family.

Another major accomplishment was today.  We went out to BJ's in Round Rock, TX.  I really wanted
something greasy and cheesy and was thinking about a pizza.  Our group split the mozzarella sticks and that satisfied that craving.  So I went with a salad.  I NEVER do this.

In the past, when I eat salad I always feel like a rabbit.  Slowly chewing away at lettuce or "grass".  This time it was different.  I ordered the Caesar Salad with grilled chicken and olive oil for the dressing on the side.  It was pretty good.  My mom says to sprinkle parmesan cheese on everything and it tastes better.  I did that and it added a nice touch.  Thanks mom!

Strawberries Wild (no banana) from Jamba Juice.
Afterwards my husband treated me to dessert, a smoothie from Jamba Juice.  I enjoy their Strawberries Wild with no banana, just extra strawberry.

It was an extremely filling last 24 hours emotionally and physically and I'm so thrilled to continue this journey.  Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment