Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 3 - The Daniel Fast

What a crazy day, and it's almost the 1/2 way point in this Daniel Fast!

God has a great sense of humor.  This morning I made a smoothie for breakfast BEFORE prayer at 6am.  It had water, spinach, and apple.  Simple, right?  Wrong!  It was terrible.  Maybe too much spinach?  So I took a few sips and dumped it.  Then I went to church for the 6am prayer session.

It was a great service and what I took away was, "I don't need to know the outcome, I just need to know when and where to go."  It's about being less fearful and having more faith.  (Something I need to work on.)

I went to work at 7:30am and was really hungry.  My snacks were gone in no time: strawberries, banana, popcorn and pistachios.  By 11:30am I was juicing in the break room.  It went all wrong again. I experienced my first juicer jam and had to work through that.  Because of it there was more pulp in the juice than normal.  Plus, our break room sink can't handle the intensity of my juicer when cleaning.  So I didn't drink that either.

I had about 4 hours left of work and I knew I needed food.  I drove over to Jamba Juice super quick and picked something up with my gift card (Strawberries Wild:  Strawberry/Apple Juice and Strawberries).

Here comes God's humor...

By the time I got back I had an email from Celebration Church saying that I was officially accepted to go on the missions trip to Xai Xai in Mozambique Africa!!!!!  All day long I felt defeated and saddened by my failures of smoothies and juicing during this fast.  But I stayed faithful and loyal and God served up something even better than a Jamba Juice smoothie.

Going to Africa, especially Xai Xai with Celebration Church, has been on my heart for 3 years.  It's time to take action!  I need to do this before having kids.  I want to go over and serve.  And best of all, I know this is what God has planned for me.

There's still lots of prep work to do like meetings, trainings, some Portuguese, shots and paperwork, but I'm getting really excited.  Prayers welcomed.  Here's where I'll be going...
I'll be traveling to Mozambique which is the pink area in the south east side of Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment