Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 4 - The Daniel Fast

I'm over 1/2 way done with the fast.  This gives me great confidence.  Here's some food for thought...

The other day I learned that a networking friend of mine was told he has 6 months to live because "there's nothing else we can do."  In October a co-work of mine, Eric, passes away at age 20 from leukemia.

I'm at that age (currently 27) where reality is hitting.  When I was a little girl there were wars, and worldly conflicts and death, but it was never part of my reality.  Now, knowing more and being more in tune with the world and other people, it's all becoming a reality.  This causes reflection and is a natural time for questions.  So I ask you (and am constantly asking myself) the following...

  • What do you do when you know you're at the end of your life?
  • What if we lived like we are dying?  Because we all are, right?
  • Are you happy with what you've completed in life?
  • At the end of your life looking back, were you obedient to God?
  • What do you want to be "doing" when that time comes?  or when the rapture happens?
...it's tough facing a reality.  But lets really think about those questions, that way when it becomes a reality you're ready.  This is a tough conversation.  They're tough questions to answers.  And it's uncomfortable.

To be honest, I'm scared out of my mind.  I'm scared of letting God down, I'm scared of having regrets, and I'm scared of death.  But today at prayer I had a peace come over me.  I learned that when you're praying and drawing closer to God you becoming filled with his love.  When you become filled with his love you're overflowing with joy.  When you're joyous then you're happy in all things.  When you're joyous and happy in all things, then you can start sharing that love and joy with others.  That's powerful.

I hope this stirs up great conversation and thought.  Share with me on twitter @PBJsSincePreK or @Rocky_Bush.

Here was my dinner tonight during the Daniel Fast.  I juiced cucumber, spinach, lemon, celery and apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment