Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Spicing it up!

It's getting spicy up in the Bush household.  I finally purchased a spice rack.  Something I've ALWAYS wanted.  I was being held back by fear of the unknown.  What's basil?  How do you use it? What's paprika?  There's so many unknowns.  Recently, I've been pinning a lot of recipes on Pinterest and they all look soooo good, but what do all the ingredients mean?  Now I have a spice rack to back up all my pins.  (BTW, you can follow me on pinterest here.)

Check out my new spice rack!  I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond. The great part was this company provides 5 years worth of spices if you run out.  And of course I used a $5 off coupon.  (Always go to Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon.  They never expire.)

This week we tried a new recipe, Baked Garlic Cilantro Fries. (Click here for recipe; found it on Pinterest of course.)  See what I mean ... Garlic AND Cilantro.  I used our new spice rack.

The picture of our fries are a little different than the pinterest picture, but when ever does pinterest food turn out the way the picture looks?  To the right is hamburger meat.  I like to chop it up into really fine pieces and eat it plain or add it to pasta.  This was dinner one night, and really good!

Austin had a hamburger with the baked garlic cilantro fries.  We used the season salt, from our new spice rack, to season his burger.

Tonight, we had homemade chicken nuggets (recipe here) and mac & cheese.  The nuggets are great with panko whole wheat bread crumbs.  The mac & cheese tonight had a little bit too much of one particular ingredient ... cough cough ... and someone agreed with me ... cough cough ... so we didn't even eat the mac & cheese.  Just the nuggets.  They're a delicious source of protein and even good as left overs.

I threw my lower back out earlier this week, no particular instance, just old age. Just kidding.  I went to see Dr. Knight in Georgetown, TX.  He's great because it's only $20, you can drop in and visit almost anytime Monday - Friday and it helps. I'm going to go back again tomorrow to get one last fix, and then hit crossfit hard on Thursday.  Definitely not taking flexibility or health for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment